
We have a Nintendo in the livingroom! Squeee! One of my housemates still has his original system from the 1980s, fully intact and functional. Among his old games is the Legend of Zelda, which (in my not-so-humble opinion) is the Best Videogame Ever Made. After seeing it in his collection and recovering my composure (climbing back into the chair and picking pieces of carpet out of my hair), we popped it in and tested our old finger-thumb reflexes. Just like old times! Not that we should really be studying or anything...

It's funny to feel that old controller in your hands and be 11 years old again. Even funnier to hear grown adults, in all seriousness, yelling things at the tv like, "Go visit the Ghost Guy to get the Magic Sword!" and "Maybe that octopus will give you some money." How I love it. :P
4 comments:
Hi, Kiddo!!
Say, you'll have to do a "Special" blog entry telling us about your housemates. I assumed they were all older widows in their 70's who came down in their bathrobes and slippers for tea in the morning... each one with a cat.
Glad you happed upon Ye' Olde' Legend Gamme... Ah. It's the simple things that sometimes bring us the greatest thrills.
Love you!
Hey Sisterbug, I hope you're snug,
in the boots you bought.
through wind and rain and drain on brain,
Zelda won, when Zelda fought.
Manu
Ah, Zelda. You are the unchallenged master of the game, your unfathomed and apocryphal knowledge complete, your m4d skillz, to adopt the vernacular, unparalleled.
I doff my hat. I remember you schooling me in Zelda from back in the day with a wistful smile, as you patiently beat dungeons after I died in the first room. Good times, good times. Perhaps unrelated, I also would like to see an entry on these mysterious housemates. That many cats in a house can make things a bit hairy.
u look so cute...
and ur blogs refreshing.
thank u.
boris.prashant@rediffmail.com
Post a Comment