It works! Instead of a constant tagline, I inserted a little javascript into the subtitle up there to randomly display some of my favorite quotes. You can see a different one each time the page is refreshed. If you have any suggestions for quotes let me know! :)
EDIT 4/19: Thank you, everyone, for all the quotes!! I've incorporated them into the script. If you want to see the complete set, actually (without hitting "f5" over and over ;)) you can view the source code for this page, too.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ooooh, cool. Man, I should do something like that. At least as js practice, if nothing else.
I just realized that putting that on your page may have the effect of greatly increasing your number of pageviews (although I rather hope they aren't counted as unique) and frequency with which people check your page for updates (since it's sort of like cheating and using javascript to make little updates for you :-p). I could just sit there and hit refresh, like fortune, or the thinkgeek surveys.
Here's a suggestion:
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!" - Ralph Wiggum
Maybe you already have it, since it looks like you have Simpsons quotes. But since I spent so much of yesterday watching the Simpsons, I just wanted to make sure you had that one :-)
"I have known men who have stumbled across the truth... only to pick themselves up, brush themselves off, and hurry away as if nothing had happened."
- Mark Twain
"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting their own battle."
nik
Oops, I don't mean to suggest *I* said that -- I was just signing it so you know who "Anonymous" is. I actually don't know who the quote is from. :)
er, that was me again, by the way. nik. right. okay...
"Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done."
- Ernie Kovacs
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
"Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand."
- Emily Kimbrough
Post a Comment