Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hamburger University

Maybe it's just because I'm still up working at 2 in the morning, but this has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. Be sure to read HAMBURGER UNIVERSITY in the loudest, most important voice you can muster.

On the topic of funny objects, even if you don't know who Eric Brill is, you should read his website, which I stumbled across looking for his famed (eponymous) part-of-speech tagger. I especially enjoyed his samples of creative portraiture work, and the attendant descriptions. The man must be nuts, and I'm starting to feel sorry I didn't pursue a Microsoft internship just to meet him!

Also, if I may say so, there's no way my blog will ever be as cool and interesting as his. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checked it out... and Wow! Over 60% of my credits will transfer to H.U.!!! I'm Going! With any luck I'll be working on my thesis "Why People Will Eat Crap" by next summer. Then into the field for more pratical, and life enriching experiences. Imagine, me... asking the immortal question, "Sir? Would you....." Ahh... It's all but a dream. |^)

PS: Your web page is really "Brill!"

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

"Loudest, most important voice you can muster." I'm still laughing...!

Amy said...

Funny, I have heard of Hamburger U.... the line that stands out in my mind is "we are looking for people with ketchup in their veins!"

Amy said...

Wow, the Brill page is cool too :-)

Yeah, it's hard to pick between two good things like that... find some consolation in realizing you'd probably be happy either way, so there is no bad decision. And if you're looking for tech celebrities... Google wins. I'm not sure if they do in sheer numbers, but they do in density. Half the people you work with will have been slashdotted or mentioned in Wired. But they won't tell you, because they're nice and humble. You'll just one day stumble across songs about them....