Ach! The streak has ended. The rain got tired and went home today -- back to the Cascades, or wherever the heck it winters. Not that it was exactly clear and sunny today, but no drops were actually falling from the sky. Someday, the record shall be broken, but not this season... not yet...
Until then...
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AHA! you ARE there! :-)
...and now we know where all our Dec-Jan precipitation went -- and we want it back!! Winter in Wisconsin is just not right without snow, and all ours started melting --MELTING!-- the week before Christmas, just when we normally settle into a nice long deep freeze. People's daffodil bulbs started sprouting a couple weeks ago when we hit 45 degrees! I do believe I'd rather have the cheerful rain.....
So... Germany DID wear off on you. It HAD to! So all of that damp and dreary weather really just reminds you of that far away land of fog, castles, wurst, beer, and cuckoo clocks... "Ya, vee come from za land of chocolate". Yup. Fond memories of dodging in and out of restaurants and doorways in little towns like Trier. Ahhh.... :) Speaking of "Clocks", you ought to hear Katie wander about the house humming (in perfect key and note) Cold-play's song. Yesterday, without being obvious, I actually listened to her little lyrics as she went past on her way to the loft... Not the actual words, but as good as Chris Martin's! "...I think he must have heard me sneaze, cuz the puppy came and licked my knees, singin' whoooo! ahhhh! ..." (Amazing kid.) She knows good tunes, and how to rhyme too. Well, Seattle is playing for the NFC title tonight, and they should win... That'll warm a few hearts up there. I'm not watching NFL football this year... Too commercial. Seems every year they all just choose up a few captains, and then start saying... "Ahh, OK...I'll take Tom Brady. Then next guys says, "I'll take Randy Moss!"... and so on. So much for Teams representing a town. They usually come from anywhere BUT the town the play for... unlike College ball which I really love. (Yeah... I know... this is all you think about.) Well, So, anywho, You have a great time up there kiddo,
Love you, Sugarbear!
Post a Comment